My husband used to get these red skin potatoes from their office cafeteria. He once packed it for us to try it and we were convinced for what he was bragging about. Since then I make these red skin potatoes and my kids love them. They cannot get enough of these potatoes.
I usually make them as a side when I bake chicken. You can use these potatoes as a side dish for your thanksgiving dinner.
Without much ado here is the recipe for 'Red Skin Potatoes'.
Serves - 4
15 - very small red skin potatoes washed and cut into half
1 tsp - Montreal chicken seasoning
1/2 tsp - lemon pepper
1 tsp - fresh basil chopped
1/2 tsp - fresh oregano and rosemary snipped
1 tbsp - extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
- Take a non stick pan and heat 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add the Montreal chicken seasoning and lemon pepper to it and roast on slow heat till a nice aroma comes.
- Add the halved potatoes and stir with the cooked seasoning. Adjust the salt.
- Cover and cook on low to medium heat for 6 - 8 minutes or till the potatoes are well done and still retains its shape and color.
- Add the fresh herbs and turn off the flame.
- Serve as a side with Thanksgiving Chicken or turkey.
- I use baby red skin potatoes for this recipe.
- If you are using big red skin potatoes make sure that they are cut into bite size peices so that they can be cooked easily without losing the color of the skin.