Creamy Strawberry Dressing
Cooking elaborate meals on weekdays is impossible for me after work. I usually do quick fixes for dinner. For that I need to plan ahead and make some dishes on the weekend or get the chopping part done so that my job gets easier on the weekdays. Roasted vegetables with a drizzle of Olive Oil and a dash of spices & herbs are welcomed by even the youngest member of my family. To be honest he prefers raw vegetables; adding spices sometimes make it too spicy for the lil guy. We have 2 extreme sets of taste buds in our household. The eldest one wants everything spicy. So its a dilemma for me to make things with a perfect balance that appeases both palates. I love the roasted version of salads. So I usually roast veggies on the weekend to pack it for lunch during the weekdays. Along with I either make the dressing ahead and kept it handy, which makes my life easier.
Store bought salad dressings are easy to use. But have you noticed the ingredient list on the back of the bottle? Its hard to find the conventional brand without MSG. Otherwise you have to get the organic version of the dressing. Here is a simple guilt free salad dressing that you can use on roasted or raw salad vegetables that tastes delicious and is healthy too. You can very well adjust the quantity to make half the amount of the recipe.
Yields - approximately 2 cups
3/4 cup - extra virgin Olive oil
1/4 cup - Apple Cider vinegar
1/2 cup - fresh/frozen strawberries
2 tbsp. - honey
1/2 tsp. - sea salt
1/2 tsp. - dried basil leaves
- Add all the ingredients into the jar of a blender. Blend it for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a mason jar with airtight lid and store it in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy your favorite salad with creamy strawberry dressing.
- The left over can be stored up to one week in the refrigerator.
- You can use regular vinegar instead of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You can substitute regular table salt for sea salt.
- If you need to jazz up the dressing, add some pepper powder and red chili flakes to it.