Baked Spicy Chicken Meatballs
I like to do meal preparation for weekdays, as it gets really busy during work days and you don't feel like cooking elaborate meals. My weekends are mostly jam packed with chores like cooking, cleaning, shooting and some self care. Most of the time, I plan ahead and do meal preparation during weekends, so that I can serve a healthy meal for kids when they come from school and makes life easier for weekday dinner plans.
A quick and easy baked version of meatballs is one such time saving protein option that does not compromise on taste. This baked spicy chicken meatballs can be prepared within 40 minutes and it goes well into many meals. Kids love to enjoy them as a snack.
How to serve
It can be served as quick after school snack for kids with a side of cut vegetables and ranch dressing. I usually serve them in salads, creamy pasta and our family favorite is when served in pita pockets with cut cucumber, onions, cherry tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
Do give this recipe a try and make sure to adjust the spices per your taste and heat tolerance.
1 lb - ground chicken breast
1 - egg beaten
1/2 cup - onion thinly chopped
1 tbsp - garlic chopped
1 tbsp - jalapeno pepper chopped
1/4 cup - chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp - red chili flakes
1/2 tsp - ground pepper
1/4 tsp - turmeric powder
1/2 cup - bread crumbs
1/2 cup - shredded cheddar cheese and Mexican cheese blend
1 tbsp - olive oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients listed above in a mixing bowl. Divide the mix into 24 equal sized balls. Place 12 meatballs on each baking sheets with enough separation.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the chicken is well cooked.
- Use cold ground chicken in this recipe so that its easy to roll the meatballs.
- I mix everything using a spoon first. Test a small potion by cooking a tsp of the mix in a pan with a tsp of oil to check the salt and spices. That way you can adjust the spices and salt for the test of the mix.
- Its easy to divide the mix into equal size with a cookie scooper. Alternatively use gloves to portion the meatballs equally. The mix will be slightly sticky, but don't add more bread crumbs as it will make the meatballs dry.
- You can reheat the meatballs in air fryer at 350 ° F for 5-8 minutes. Alternative you can bake in the oven at 350 ° F for 10 minutes.