Baked Chipotle Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are one of the favorite appetizers in my house hold. Let it be a game day or a get together, chicken wings are always a crowd pleaser. We love our chicken wings to be spicy and crispy.
Baked Chicken wings are so easy to make and homemade wings gives you the option to play around with your favorite flavors. These Chipotle Chicken Wings are spicy, sweet, tangy and baked to the right crispiness and always a hit in my family. Hope you will give this recipe a try.
25 - Chicken wings
1 tbsp - olive oil
1 tsp - garlic powder
1 tsp - onion powder
2 tsp - chili powder
1 tsp - smoked chipotle powder
1 tsp - salt
4 tbsp - butter
1/2 tsp - chili powder
1 tsp - smoked chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp - garlic powder
1 tsp - cumin powder
4 tbsp - worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp - brown sugar
2 tbsp - vinegar
1 tbsp - honey
Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken wings; pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix all the ingredients under the dry rub in a bowl. Apply it on the chicken wings and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours or over night.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheet with aluminum foil and place wire racks on top of them. Arrange the marinated chicken wings on the wire rack without touching each other.
- Bake them for 45 - 50 minutes till they are cooked well and get crispy. Make sure to flip them on the half way.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Lower the flame and add all the ingredients one after other into the melted butter and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Adjust the salt and spices per your taste.
- You can either brush the sauce on both sides of the chicken wings or place the chicken wings in a bowl and pour the hot sauce over it and toss well so that the sauce gets coated on all the chicken wings.
- Serve them while they are hot and crispy.
- If you want the chicken wings to be on the crispier side, you can broil them for the last 5 minutes.
- To reheat the wings, you can bake them in a pre-heated at 350°F for 5-10 minutes. Or bake it in the air fryer at 350 F for 10 minutes.