Grilled Corn On Cob With Chipotle Lime Butter
It was a chilly evening, we were cold enough to bundle ourselves in hand woven sweaters and scarf. Walking along the side of the Carnival field we noticed a small crowd. They were gathered around in circle. A skinny old man sitting with a fire pit and heap of un-husked farm fresh corn was the center of attention. He was religiously husking the corn and grilling it on the fire pit. As a pro he seasoned it with some spices, slathered some hot ghee and fresh lime juice over it. There were other stalls on the carnival field, but nothing got any ones attention as this man did. People were enjoying the freshly made warm corn with the luxury of the outdoor fire pit. The aroma of grilled corn was irresistible. My dad bought the piping hot grilled corn for us. The aroma of the hot spicy and tangy dressing over the grilled corn was like a perfect tranquilizer to tame the gusto in us. We headed to the rides while enjoying the corn. On the way back home from the carnival, we noticed few people meandering around the fire pit. With observant care few were watching how the man was trying to wrap up his act. A little girl was helping him to collect the corn husks. The smoky fire ashes from the fire pit were still lingering in the air and the clamor of the crowd was getting feeble. With sleepy heads and contented hearts we headed back to our scooter to get back to home. That must have been an assiduous grilling in the late night for the old man!!!
These plum red hot Thai peppers are from my vegetable garden.
Hot Cherry/Capperino pepper from my garden.
4 ears - Corn on the cob with husk on
Chipotle Lime butter
1 tsp - chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce chopped
1 tsp - small Thai hot peppers chopped (seeds removed)
1/4 tsp - chipotle grill mate/paprika powder
2 tbsp. - softened butter
1 tsp - chopped cilantro
2 tbsp. - lime juice
Sea salt to sprinkle
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the corn with the husk on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Let it cool.
- Mean while mix all the ingredients under Chipotle lime butter using a spoon.
- Pull the husk towards the stem of the corn and tie it using a yarn or thread.
- Brush the Chipotle Lime butter on the corn and place directly above the grill.
- Rotate and grill corn for 5 to 6 minutes or till small brown spots appear on the kernels .
- Apply some more Chipotle Lime butter and sprinkle sea salt and enjoy.